Eye care professionals specialize in understanding how the human eye really works, as well as diseases and conditions that affect your vision – many of which do not have obvious symptoms. Eye doctors know how age and risk factors affect vision over time for young and old, and they understand the benefits and features of corrective lenses including eyeglasses and contacts.
Our optometrist takes the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
Meet our doctor:
Dr. Stavn was one of the first optometrists in California to receive therapeutic certification for the treatment of eye infections and diseases.
- He attended UCLA and the University of California at Berkeley.
- Graduated with Honors from the University of California at Berkeley with a B.A. in Biochemistry, a B.S. in Physiological Optics, and the Doctor of Optometry.
- Award as the outstanding student in the field of Binocular Vision.
- Has been an instructor at the UC Berkeley School of Optometry.
- Is founder of the California Vision and Learning Institute- a non-profit corporation dedicated to research in vision related learning disabilities.
Dr. Stavn was an optometric school vision screener having screened thousands of California school children for both vision and learning problems.
Has maintained a private practice in Santa Rosa California since 1980 providing services in:
- General Comprehensive Eye Exams
- Glaucoma and Retinal Evaluation
- Contact Lenses
- Reading Difficulties
- Vision Therapy